defiimation of characetre from former employer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zar_

hi a couple of months ago my husband was working for a employer whom he gave his required two weeks notice to in writing and then left . on leaving he was told that two months before he had an accident in one of the works vechicles and his employer informed hio that he was deducting money from his last wage to cover this. to cut a long story short my husband went to court over this and won his case hands down as there was no contract wriiten up stating this nor had he signed or agreed to this.
the employer decided to pay my husband his money due to him in pennies to the sum of£397 and flung this out in the street for him to collect. the abuse my husband got was unreal and the further abuse his ex employer gave my children whom the oldest is 11 goes beyond anything i can repeat. he locked one child in his office and the other outside the office and told my children that they were poppers and they had to pick the money up of the street so they would get fed etc. the police were called as my husband refused to leave his office without first counting his money as he had to sign to state that he had received it in full.
my husband was asked to leave by the plice althogh they did say his ex employer was out of order.
i was just wondering if there is anyhting that can be done regarding this matter as my husband was totally degraded in a street full of passerbys and also my children should never have had to put up with this abuse either
i would be grateful for any advise concerning this matter as the police dont seem to want to take any sides on this

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Thats horrible!! From what Ive read, employers have no real rules to abide by - any that stick anyhow.

Employers have many, many laws they have to abide by. The boss being a world class jerk is not illegal however.

There seems to be only rules if you can finacialy afford to enforce them out of yur own pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back