Default Maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtemple

I just finished Telephone Testimony, yesterday, to have maintenance modified or terminated. I currently live and work in Thailand but was divorced in Colorado. The Telephone Testimony was a Court hearing in Colorado.

Once again the court ruled in favor of my ex-wife from a 21 year marriage. She ended up with all property in the divorce and has continued to be under-employed on a part-time bases. We have one minor daughter who is 16 years old and I have never been in arrears regarding child support, even paying $330.00 USD over the actual amount while un-employed and being re-trained for my current job in Thailand.

I cannot afford to pay the Child Support of $667.00, plus the maintenance of $1200.00 per month, on the schedule demanded by the court. I currently gross $4,000.00 per month USD. My "ex" claims a gross income of $1,700.00 USD but only works part-time...less than 30 hours a week.

My question is this: What are the consequences to me, living overseas, if I do not pay the full amount of maintenance on a monthly bases, but pay the full amont over a longer period of time?????? I will always pay the child support so that is not at issue here.

Any help would be much appriciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back