Defamation - Slander Can anything be done

Status
Not open for further replies.

ittech

I was working as a consultant for a company for over 1 year and was basically forced out as I was told lies from my supervisor. I later came to find out that this is a repeated pattern by the IT director with past personnel. I was told that I was being replaced by upper management but I found out later that he was the one replacing me. I have since then been speaking with various people in the company and I was informed that he ( IT Director ) has told at least one person in the company that he let me go because he caught me doing drugs in the bathroom twice. ( NOT TRUE ) This person is also known as a habitual liar within the company. Is there any recourse as a Consultant as making comments regarding the drugs?

Maybe. It depends on whether you have suffered any damages as a result of his statements (which includes presumed damages in some situations.) You should consult with an attorney asap. At the very least, a letter from an attorney to senior company management threatening legal action if they don't reign in this jerk may take care of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back