Defamation of Character

Jurisdiction
Virginia
Terminated for "Conflict of Interest", I don't agree but I was moving on. I later was informed that their was an email sent out that stated to every employee in the company that I had been terminated. Also, in my termination letter it states "Conflict of Interest" as well as details of what it was. The problem is because of the way it was written it's automatically presumed that because of my job and status, I was fired for some sort of financial gain or theft. Looking for employment in my field has been so hard since my field is very limited in the area and employment is very scarce, so to have others think that you are finanically gaining from those in need. That is what will kill my career.

I want to know if I should discuss the details with an attorney. The way that this has all been done has really hurt my reputation and has torn down a lot of what has taken me years to develop.

I have a question, and it is being asked for a reason.

Are you being called for interviews and then not getting the job, or are you not being called for interviews?

Back