Defamation of Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrh47

Looking for advice on how to handle the matter: I'm a shift supervisor, and have been accused of having a relationship with one of my employees by another supervisor. Whom has told the plant manager. Which several people have been asked several questions about myself and my employee by the other supervisor, and he has not gathered any info that their is a relationship going on (which their is not). So my job is on the line inwhich I have been instructed what to do. Not asked about my thoughts on the matter. Due to the friendship amoung management. Also now I have recievied a threating call from the other supervisors friend saying that he heard I said something about him (or something like that, not positive on the actual motive for the phone call). So now at work my employees are afraid to talk with me and so are my coworkers in fear of there name being mentioned in a rumor envolving themselves with me(Making it difficult to properly perform my job). I Also have proof of the other supervisor asking questions to my employees and other employees in the plant. Should I file charges and what do I need to make sure I have if I do? Thank You For Any Advice / Help !

There is nothing unlawful whatsoever about your employer investigating concerns they have about your job performance or possible inappropriate conduct.

You *might* have a case against the other supervisor if you can prove he completely fabricated the concern about you having a relationshp with a subordinate and that you suffered damages as a consequence of the lie, but you have no claim against the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back