Defamation of Character, Slander, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seize

Hello and a pre-thank you for whoever responds. Just to give you a little background, my wife and I are separated (papers haven't been signed yet to legalize the process). She put out a false Ex Parte order to get me kicked out of my house after she left me. The order awarded her the house and was a restraining order on me until I went to court. In court the case was dismissed. I went to my house a week ago with a friend and hired a locksmith to get me inside the house... she showed up with a cop and lied about her 'having possession of the house.' I was forced to leave. Today I went to check and see how bad the lawn was with a landscaper. There was a sign in my window (on the inside) that said "Locksmiths - it is unlawful for you to change the locks or keys on this house for [name] and if [name] shows up he must contact me and have a law enforcement officer present." There was no legal signature on this paper... it was plainly typed up and put in the window. My question is can I sue for defamation of character or slander of my name depicting me to be a criminal? Especially after an ex parte order has been dismissed? This is getting very old and irritating quite quickly. Thanks for you response.

Did the court send you papers stating that the case was dismissed? I would get copies to have on you when you return to the house. I don't know about suing her.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back