Defamation & harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammie24

15 mos ago at age 61 and employed of 26 years I was more or less forced to resign five months before my anticipated retirment date. I resigned rather than go back to an extremely hostile workplace and an administrator who is quite difficult. I did not want being fired on my record of so many years of hard work. I just recently found out from a person with whom I worked that the administrator had a file on me and it stated I had embezzled from the company which is a large medical practice. This is totally untrue and I need to know if there is any recourse on my part. I worked so hard for many years and this is not ethically or morally right. There is a lawsuit against the corporation now for racial discrimination and another employee was just let go with for numerous untrue allegations. There were other discriminations against me such as my salary being froze for nearly two years and other things. Please advise.

How have you been damaged? You resigned. In what manner was the workplace "hostile"? If the enviroment kept you from safely doing you job, then and only then might you have a case. Just because the administrator was "difficult", well I've had a few of those too during my career...

The company can keep any records they wish, there is no law against their doing so to my knowledge. You have not mentioned if they have used this alleged untrue information to your detriment.

If you are worried about how this might affect re-employment, I'd suggest having potential employers contact only those former associates you can trust.

You may want to be pro-active and consult with the owner/president of the company. Tell him/her what you have heard and then discuss. Perhaps there is no truth to what you were told.

There were other discriminations against me such as my salary being froze for nearly two years
That is NOT discrimination.

Unless you left out a lot of detail, nothing else in your post indicates that you have been harmed by this company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back