Dealership changes odometer, lies about airbags, and changes price reported to DMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unreal03

Hello all. Ive had much of an adventure and it so turns out i have found the dealership guilty of all 3.

I'm working with the investigations and the DMV. However, if i win the case criminally, doesnt that mean i win the case in civil? I filed a small claim for the max amount ( $7,500 ) but am i allowed to settle with them for a higher price before i press charges and goes to court? I dont want to be accused of blackmailing. Please, let me know, thanks! ( Car was bought for 7k)

Last edited:
A criminal case ruling has nothing to do with achieving the same (or different) result in a civil case.

Your civil suit coukd be your undoing.

You can always file a civil case.

You might be wise to withdraw the civil case and await the outcome of your criminal matter.

Why would withdrawal my civil case be bad? If it goes to criminal court, ( Which i hope it doesnt because i would rather get money then send them to prison) what are my options? I would rather settle without an attorney. Can i just ask for a settlement and in return sign a release form?

Why would withdrawal my civil case be bad? If it goes to criminal court, ( Which i hope it doesnt because i would rather get money then send them to prison) what are my options? I would rather settle without an attorney. Can i just ask for a settlement and in return sign a release form?

I never said withdrawing your case would be harmful.

I suggest you do that which you resist, consult an attorney in your jurisdiction.

Or, rely on the DMV to assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back