Dcs no contact orders

Fayswife

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
I need to know if seeing a photo is breaking a no contact order. Or what exactly is considered contact.

No. Seeing a photo is not a violation of a no contact order.
What is considered contact should be clearly defined in the order and that won't be listed.

Phoning, texting, emailing, following, sending another person in your place, or being within a certain distance are typical ways a contact order would be violated.
It's simple- doudo contact.

Viewing a photo doesn't do that.

Honestly I think there is more to this. I cannot see how they would feel this would be violation unless there's more we dont know.

what exactly is considered contact.

If you have been ordered to have no contact, either in a criminal case or because of a civil restraining order, no contact means no contact.

None.

Nada.

Zip.

Zero.

Not if there is an alien invasion are you allowed to contact the other party.

Not if there are nuclear missiles raining down on USA.

Not even if the Cubs win a World Series.

Not if you've kidnapped by terrorists.

What is a No Contact Order? - Definition, Examples & Rules | Study.com

I need to know if seeing a photo is breaking a no contact order.

Did you take the photo, or instruct another person to take the photo?

No contact, means the other person no longer exists to you.

If you enter a Burger King and see the other person, you are REQUIRED to immediately vacate the premises and proceed to the keep away distance mandated by the order.

It might be 1,000 feet, 500 feet, 1/4 of a mile, or 100 miles; you must get at least that far away from the person.

You can't drive by her/his home.

You can't even send your mommy over to ask her if she still has your iPad.

You aren't allowed to send her/him a note via carrier pigeon, or Billy the Bunny.

No contact, no looking, no talking, no text messaging, no nothing.

If he/she texts you, you should retain the message, not respond to it, and inform the judge.

How?

Read your order, its all in the order.

Told by whom? Who is not supposed to have contact with who? Who is providing the photographs and who are they of?

It is unlikely that looking at a photograph will be considered contact but details matter and you're not giving us any.

I have never seen a restraining order that simply said "no contact".
Where did this order originate? Was it issued by a judge or some other agency?
Who told you that you can't view photos?

There is no way viewing photos can be considered contact, and it is unlikely anyone would ever know if you viewed photos.

Unlikely, but what exactly does the order say (i.e., quote it, with any names omitted or changed).

It states simply no contact

So...it's just a piece of paper that says "no contact" and nothing else? That's obviously not the case.

I have supervised visits and post photos of my grandchildren for family members. I was told seeing those photos was considered contact.

If you have supervised visits, then the no contact order presumably prohibits someone else from having "no contact" with someone. So...who is prohibited from having contact with whom?

Where are you "posting" these photos? Social media, I assume. Where are you getting the photos? Who is telling you that "seeing those photos [is] considered contact"?

Back