1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Dcfs

Discussion in 'Juvenile Crime, Law & Court' started by Colby, Oct 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colby

Colby Law Topic Starter New Member

I was pulled over with my kids and was charged with possession witch they had to get a war rent for my blood do they have to give me a phone call to try and find some one to come get them or can they just place them in states costody

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Normally, they'd seek a warrant and simply take them.

You're entitled to due process, so if they do, you'll be notified as to how you can proceed.

You should determine if you'll be provided legal assistance, as in some states you aren't offered assistance.

Fighting the Gestapo alone is a losing proposition.

3. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

They do not have to allow you opportunity to make arrangements for the kids. They may have good reason for that.
    It is possible that you will face some kind of child endangerment charge if you were driving under the influence.
    It is normal to hand the kids over to social services and let that agency figure out what is best for the kids.

4. disagreeable

disagreeable Well-Known Member

Contrary to your apparent belief, a drug using, drug possessing parent, with children in their solo possession, is endangering their welfare. Expect a long process to get them back and possibly a criminally related conviction.