Dcfs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colby

I was pulled over with my kids and was charged with possession witch they had to get a war rent for my blood do they have to give me a phone call to try and find some one to come get them or can they just place them in states costody

I was pulled over with my kids and was charged with possession witch they had to get a war rent for my blood do they have to give me a phone call to try and find some one to come get them or can they just place them in states costody

Normally, they'd seek a warrant and simply take them.

You're entitled to due process, so if they do, you'll be notified as to how you can proceed.

You should determine if you'll be provided legal assistance, as in some states you aren't offered assistance.

Fighting the Gestapo alone is a losing proposition.

They do not have to allow you opportunity to make arrangements for the kids. They may have good reason for that.
It is possible that you will face some kind of child endangerment charge if you were driving under the influence.
It is normal to hand the kids over to social services and let that agency figure out what is best for the kids.

Contrary to your apparent belief, a drug using, drug possessing parent, with children in their solo possession, is endangering their welfare. Expect a long process to get them back and possibly a criminally related conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back