Dc635

Shawnproc

Jurisdiction
Virginia
Hello all. I am trying to fill out a dc 635. I have joint custody with me being the primary custodial parent. I have a court custody order in place. My child lives with me during the school year and visits mother every other weekend. During the summer time the visitation during the week is changed from me to my ex wife, however weekend visitation does not change (every other weekend she is in my custody) which is supposed to be a smooth transition. I dropped my daughter off Thursday May 21, 2020, (last day of the school year, first day of summer schedule with mom), and when I tried to pick my daughter up this weekend, Friday the May 29, 2020, I was told by my ex wife that it wasn't my weekend. Per our court order I get Father's Day. She is stating that she has this weekend because Father's Day is next weekend. Father's Day is not until Sunday, June 21, 2020. My daughters guardian ad litem has read over the court order again and agreed with me. My ex is keeping my daughter from speaking to me as punishment. I would like to state exactly what needs to be addressed in the order pursuant 16.1-292. Do I need a separate sheet of paper to write the issue on or do I fit it all on one line?

Attachments

• 54031BC2-C34C-4E76-9571-FD9D9F0B0C9F.jpeg
    54031BC2-C34C-4E76-9571-FD9D9F0B0C9F.jpeg
    647.6 KB · Views: 3
Do I need a separate sheet of paper to write the issue on or do I fit it all on one line?

If you're serious, its time to hire yourself a lawyer.

Child custody issues are far more complex that filling out a form.

Yes I know this.

exactly hence the reason I'm here asking for help
The help you need is beyond the scope of an internet forum. You are REPRESENTED. I'd be willing to be that your attorney spends as much time (money) reviewing and/or correcting your work as you think you'll save by doing it yourself.

I have to be honest: I didn't even look at the form you were asking about...because I didn't feel it would change my answer.
I've now looked at the form and I am even more convinced that you need to let your attorney handle this.

Let me ask you this: Does your attorney know that you plan to write your own motion (by filling out the form)?

Back