Dating a minor online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

21yomale

I met a girl a few months ago on an online game (not a dating site or anything where people are looking to meet other people), when she was 16 and I was 20. We're 3 years and 11 months apart in age. She lives in Texas, and I live in Pennsylvania. Her parents are wary of us having a relationship, but not directly against it. My parents are against it simply because she is under 18. My mother said that she would reconsider it if I was able to generate physical proof that what we're doing isn't illegal.

I've been searching online for where I might start looking, though I haven't had much luck, and I wouldn't even know where to begin looking in an actual library. So I guess I have 2 questions.

1) Does this relationship have any hope? Or should it be hands-off until she turns 18?

2) If it does, where would I go about getting physical proof to show my mom, and hopefully convince her?

I met a girl a few months ago on an online game (not a dating site or anything where people are looking to meet other people), when she was 16 and I was 20. We're 3 years and 11 months apart in age. She lives in Texas, and I live in Pennsylvania. Her parents are wary of us having a relationship, but not directly against it. My parents are against it simply because she is under 18. My mother said that she would reconsider it if I was able to generate physical proof that what we're doing isn't illegal.

I've been searching online for where I might start looking, though I haven't had much luck, and I wouldn't even know where to begin looking in an actual library. So I guess I have 2 questions.

1) Does this relationship have any hope? Or should it be hands-off until she turns 18?

2) If it does, where would I go about getting physical proof to show my mom, and hopefully convince her?

What type of things do you say to her? Anything sexual? There is no law against a man being friends with a teen....But if you are saying ANYTHING sexual to her you are in deep doodo.

she is however a minor and if her parents tell you to get lost, then do it.

I agree with both the above here. How does one "date" online? The answer to that will help us answer you. Like Duraine says if Mom or Dad say stop you go away and fast!!

What type of things do you say to her? Anything sexual? There is no law against a man being friends with a teen....But if you are saying ANYTHING sexual to her you are in deep doodo.

Would I be though? State law in both of our states says that our relationship is legal (Age of consent 16 in PA, 17 in TX). I just don't know what there might be since we're not physically with each other, and this is crossing state lines.

she is however a minor and if her parents tell you to get lost, then do it.

Yes, I know. Thankfully, her parents don't want me not with her. Their only problem with us is that we met online, and the same thing happened with her older sister, and she ended up being emotionally hurt.

I agree with both the above here. How does one "date" online? The answer to that will help us answer you. Like Duraine says if Mom or Dad say stop you go away and fast!!

I see dating online as pretty much the same as dating when physically together, sans the physical contact. We talk to each other a lot, we play games together. We tell each other we love one another, talk about the future. Pretty much a normal relationship.

Would I be though? State law in both of our states says that our relationship is legal (Age of consent 16 in PA, 17 in TX). I just don't know what there might be since we're not physically with each other, and this is crossing state lines.

When you are dealing with a minor and on-line sexual enticement, State law are not relevant. Google up FEDERAL Statutes. You are dealing with a LEGAL CHILD. Her parents can't make the illegal legal. Get a WOMAN your own age.

Did you never see Dateline?????????????:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back