CSEA gave me wrong information.

perheiro

My wife had a affair and birthed a child from it. While living in California my wife had an affair became pregnant and to keep it from me moved back to Ohio taking my two sons with her. She had the child in Ohio and signed my name to the birth certificate which she also failed to tell me. I moved to Ohio a year later to be close to my sons. Her and I then went into CSEA to establish a support order I thought was to be for my sons. The lady running the hearing was not a judge and when the child that is not mine came up my wife and I both told her it was not mine. The lady stated that it was Ohio law that any child born in wedlock is the responsibility of the husband. I have been fighting this ever since. I have found out that CSEA should have informed us we needed a paternity test through the courts and that they should have ordered one at that time. I paid support for 15 years. My wife and this child moved to Penn. a year after the order and I have had no contact with her or this child. I finally got someone at CSEA to check into this and in August of 2013 received a support termination notice from CSEA and the payments stopped coming out of my bank account. I went on Social Security on feb 1st 2014. Then in May of 2014 I received a letter from CSEA stating they were reinstating the order and the payments began yet again. I asked for a hearing thinking it would resolve this only to be told I had to supply the child with healthcare and my payments quadrupled. The child and her mother are in constant contact with her real father who has her listed as his daughter on his Facebook page where they talk of their trips and meetings. Why am I paying for this child and even after supplying CSEA with all the info on the father they have done nothing but raise my payments? I cannot afford this and am in jeopardy of losing my home. Am I screwed here again?

Last edited:
You need a lawyer to help you unravel this, sir.
This matter has become quite complicated because of mistakes, perhaps fraud, misrepresentations of the truth, and the passage of time.

Back