Quiet Enjoyment crazy neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdahelp

My family and i have lived in our home for about 10 years now, and our crazy lady from next door has been there for about 9 years. Ever since she has moved in there she has been harassing my family. now this week she had the drug task force come and raid our home for the fourth time in two years, and the police has never found a thing. they said that she has been sending e-mails to the chief of police and to the governor saying she smells chemicals coming from our house. now every time we are outside she comes out of her house to stare and to walk her dog right in front of our house to smile and smirk, which makes us go into our house. she makes our kids scared of her, and makes remarks at my 55 year old mother, saying shes on drugs! my mother has never done a drug in her life... it is embarrassing to live next to her. Does anyone know what we can do legally, and know what laws there are to do something about her?

It seems like she may have filed a false police report. It's unlikely the police are thrilled about having to use all those SWAT resources and such as often as they have. Go to the police about her.

Okay ... contrary to popular belief, the police are NOT going to get a series of warrants and authorization to raid a home looking for drugs based solely on the comments of a nosy neighbor. Sorry, that just is not going to happen unless this place is in the backwoods somewhere in a land that modern policing and legal jurisprudence has passed by.

If they have made four raids in two years, well, they have something more than her statements. It may not always be entirely accurate information, but they still ostensibly have something more than her statement.

Without going into detail on how task forces operate, in order to obtain a warrant they conduct additional investigations to include background checks on residents and visitors, surveillance, controlled buys, etc. They don't just write up a warrant saying that "Mrs. Smith said she smelled chemical odors and saw people coming day and night ..." Sorry, but no judge would sign a warrant with that info.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back