CraigsList trouble!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

screwdriver631

I wanted to buy an iphone online and looked at craigslist and this guy in canada said he would ship it to me and i gave him my information Shipping andress and name without knowing he was in canada and now that i dont want it because he's over there, he said he already paid for shipping and wants me to do a wire transfer via money gram, since i didnt want it anymore, he said can he's going to talk to his lawyers and sue me because i wasted his time and his money, can he do that? what do i do?

I am not a lawyer but worked in a bank for several years. Wait until you get the package and mark it return to sender. He may get charged for shipping but at least he will have his phone. I never think it is a good idea to do moneygram or wire transfer unless you know the person you are sending it to or receiving it from, there are too many scams out there. You said you gave out your shipping address, if you gave out your account number, shut it down and open a new one.

I would not wire him any money, many if not most of these international wire transfers are scams. He really does not have much of a case it would cost him way too much money to even pursue this. It is probably just a scare tactic. If he has not sent you anything, I would not pay him anything.

Are you guys sure? I havent paid him a cent yet, hes using some company that doesnt send the package until i send the wire transfer, so the company sent me an email saying that i need to send them the wire transfer then they ship and he wont get his money until i signed the package so i dont know if i can get legally sued for this. this is what he told me

"yes but you know i contact my lawyer because you waste my time
and second i already p[aid for shipping and you dont pay me sorry in this case company will contact you"

Are you guys sure? I havent paid him a cent yet, hes using some company that doesnt send the package until i send the wire transfer, so the company sent me an email saying that i need to send them the wire transfer then they ship and he wont get his money until i signed the package so i dont know if i can get legally sued for this. this is what he told me

"yes but you know i contact my lawyer because you waste my time
and second i already p[aid for shipping and you dont pay me sorry in this case company will contact you"

This is definitely a scam! Do NOT send anything to anyone anywhere. This person does not have a case against you.

My question is - what can he sue you for? For changing your mind and having buyers remorse? Please, use your common sense...

Stop reading his emails and delete them. He can sell his iphone to somebody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back