Craigslist buyer threatening small claims court

Tim Ztoffo

Jurisdiction
Rhode Island
Hi so heres the background, on monday i traded my apple watch for a macbook pro. We met at a dunkin donuts publicly and did the exchange. the title of my ad was "42mm apple watch with stainless steel band"-- For those who don't know much about apple watch theirs a stainless steel version and aluminum, this is in terms of the body, not the watch band. The sport edition, which i had, is the aluminum body. Now i never said once in my ad i had the stainless steel apple watch, i said i only have an apple watch with a stainless steel band, which i bought separately for it. Today this guy texts me and says why did i give him a sport apple watch that has a cheap 3rd party band instead of a stainless steel one and i said i never said it was the stainless steel model. He says he wants me to pay the difference between the sport and stainless steel model and i said no, so now he says he bringing me to small claims court.

He saw the pictures in the ad as well as examined the watch for 15 minutes in person before trading, the pictures even show on the watch that its a sport edition and they look different when you compare the sport and stainless steel model.

he doesn't know my name, or where i live. I texted him with a texting app that uses wifi and i don't have the number anymore even but i did send an email with yahoo to him.

Its this guys fault for not knowing what he was buying, i didn't lie in the ad or to him at all. Does he have anything on me even, if he does file a complaint can he even find out who i am?

As you've been told elsewhere, the other guy is free to enjoy his new watch.

Hi so heres the background, on monday i traded my apple watch for a macbook pro. We met at a dunkin donuts publicly and did the exchange. the title of my ad was "42mm apple watch with stainless steel band"-- For those who don't know much about apple watch theirs a stainless steel version and aluminum, this is in terms of the body, not the watch band. The sport edition, which i had, is the aluminum body. Now i never said once in my ad i had the stainless steel apple watch, i said i only have an apple watch with a stainless steel band, which i bought separately for it. Today this guy texts me and says why did i give him a sport apple watch that has a cheap 3rd party band instead of a stainless steel one and i said i never said it was the stainless steel model. He says he wants me to pay the difference between the sport and stainless steel model and i said no, so now he says he bringing me to small claims court.

He saw the pictures in the ad as well as examined the watch for 15 minutes in person before trading, the pictures even show on the watch that its a sport edition and they look different when you compare the sport and stainless steel model.

he doesn't know my name, or where i live. I texted him with a texting app that uses wifi and i don't have the number anymore even but i did send an email with yahoo to him.

Its this guys fault for not knowing what he was buying, i didn't lie in the ad or to him at all. Does he have anything on me even, if he does file a complaint can he even find out who i am?

Your VICTIM has a lot to go on, starting with your desire to conceal your identity to hide your tracks, and cover your trail.

The VICTIM could end up finding you, suing you, and no one knows what a judge will rule.

If the judge ha sever been SCAMMED (or had a family member SCAMMED), it might not end well for you!

The VICTIM can contact eBay and seek redress, or find out how to contact you.
The Starbucks where you met and took his money for your JUNK item has security cameras.
His MacBook Pro can also be located by Apple, or law enforcement.

You scammed the dummy.
You sold an aluminum watch, by CONvincing the suckers that it was stainless steel.

He has your email address, and I'm sure he can find you.

Even IF he never finds you, LIFE and KARMA already know who you are, where you live, and who you love.

KARMA and LIFE can do far more to harm you than some small claims judge could ever do.

I hope you get it sorted, mate.

Last edited:
Your VICTIM has a lot to go on, starting with your desire to conceal your identity to hide your tracks, and cover your trail.

The VICTIM could end up finding you, suing you, and no one knows what a judge will rule.

If the judge ha sever been SCAMMED (or had a family member SCAMMED), it might not end well for you!

The Starbucks where you met and took his money for your JUNK item has security cameras.

You scammed the dummy.
You sold an aluminum watch, by CONvincing the suckers that it was stainless steel.

Even IF he never finds you, LIFE and KARMA already know who you are, where you live, and who you love.

KARMA and LIFE can do far more to harm you than some small claims judge could ever do.

Well aren't you a negative lad, i didn't SCAMMED him nor is he a VICTIM. I did nothing to convince him it was the watch he thought it was.

You scammed the dummy.

It was a Craigslist deal; nothing to do with eBay whatsoever. So, good luck to the other trader trying to seek redress via eBay. :cool:

It was a Craigslist deal; nothing to do with eBay whatsoever. So, good luck to the other trader trying to seek redress via eBay. :cool:

Oh yeah, KillersList, no hope, no way.

The cameras in Starbucks might be helpful.

If I've said it once, I've said it thousands of times, don't buy anything off of KillersList, or ESCAM.......

I doubt he will sue/be able to find you to sue. If he does sue, you will just defend yourself.

Back