CPS And Temp Placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsteve376

My mother currently has my nephews and was given temp custody til the hearing. Now she had a call stating that the attorney for the cps wants to visit the house and talk with her her husband and nephews. Why would a lawyer need to do that? Isn't that the case workers job. Btw the hearing is Thursday, he wants to meet Tuesday, the case worker wants to meet Wednesday. Why all the activity? And why all of a sudden right before the case. Please help. Do we need an attorney for ourselves ?

If there is an outstanding CPS issue, it really wouldn't be a bad idea to have an attorney on board.

If an attorney for the CPS is coming to the house, I would definitely get my own attorney.

Yeap, me too Betty!

An attorney is always a good idea whenever CPS are involved.

My mother currently has my nephews and was given temp custody til the hearing. Now she had a call stating that the attorney for the cps wants to visit the house and talk with her her husband and nephews. Why would a lawyer need to do that? Isn't that the case workers job. Btw the hearing is Thursday, he wants to meet Tuesday, the case worker wants to meet Wednesday. Why all the activity? And why all of a sudden right before the case. Please help. Do we need an attorney for ourselves ?

I suggest you find out if the attorney is serving as an attorney for CPS, or if the court appointed the attorney to be the guardian ad litem (to represent and advocate for the children).

That would best determine your next course of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back