Court or no?

E

Estou

Jurisdiction
Missouri
My spouse was issued a citation for 3rd degree assault. Can't see on the citation what the court date is but the sheriffs report states a date. When looking at our online court system, it doesn't show up anywhere, including judges scheduling and trial's for that date (or even the name of my spouse). I (the person she hit) have not received a subpoena to court. Did the prosecuting attorney just not pick the case up?

Sometimes it takes awhile for the online court calendar to update. My ex got a continuance on a case he had but it didn't show up on the state court calendar for a few days. When I asked about it they said it depends on when the prosecutor updates or something.

Two years ago when my then husband hit me and got arrested, the case was scheduled like a month or so later. I can't remember. I think I got a subpoena like a few days before the court date. But then he waived his right to a preliminary hearing and plead guilty so I didn't have to show up to court at all anyway. They called me the day of the prelim and said he waived it so don't worry about coming in.

You can probably go to the courthouse and ask about it. They should have it there.

My spouse was issued a citation for 3rd degree assault. Can't see on the citation what the court date is but the sheriffs report states a date. When looking at our online court system, it doesn't show up anywhere, including judges scheduling and trial's for that date (or even the name of my spouse). I (the person she hit) have not received a subpoena to court. Did the prosecuting attorney just not pick the case up?

In MO, you can use the OFFICIAL state court system to look up court cases.
I suggest you try looking it up:
Case.net
He doesn't want to miss that court date.
If he has a bail bonding agency, ask the agent.
Otherwise, he should review the documents he received when he bonded out.
If he was just cited, check with the issuing agency.

Nevertheless, he will be held accountable if he misses the court date.
He doesn't want to do that.

In MO, you can use the OFFICIAL state court system to look up court cases.
I suggest you try looking it up:
Case.net
He doesn't want to miss that court date.
If he has a bail bonding agency, ask the agent.
Otherwise, he should review the documents he received when he bonded out.
If he was just cited, check with the issuing agency.

Nevertheless, he will be held accountable if he misses the court date.
He doesn't want to do that.
Sometimes it can take a few days for the cases to show up even on the state court calendar. As stated that happened to me. After one court date my ex told me it got continued but for like 3 days it didn't show up on the state court calendar online. So I used their online chat and they looked it up and said "Yep it got rescheduled." They even said it can take a couple days sometimes for the online state court calendar to get updated.

That's why the OP needs to go to the courthouse and find out for sure.

Back