Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Cops threating me with a felony charge if i dont become an informant!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

meanamean

I was pulled over yesterday and the cops found my suboxone and subutex in my purse. I have no prescription though I do use them as prescribed to stay off heroin. The cops let me go and took my pills and told me I have to call them within a few days and be willing to comply and basically work for them as an informant/nark or else their going to charge me with a felony. What should i do? I have no record right now and I am a 24 year old female. I DONT want to be a nark nor do I want a felony. ANY suggestions or informational resources?

As for the search...the driver of the vehicle gave permission....What the cops said would happen is that they would take my pills and info (yes they took my id and wrote down my name and address and gave it back to me) and put it in an envelope that would sit on the officers desk for a few days, and if i dont call by then they will forward it over to the DA and it will be an automatic conviction felony and they will then issue a warrant out for my arrest. What should I do?

I was pulled over yesterday and the cops found my suboxone and subutex in my purse. I have no prescription though I do use them as prescribed to stay off heroin. The cops let me go and took my pills and told me I have to call them within a few days and be willing to comply and basically work for them as an informant/nark or else their going to charge me with a felony. What should i do? I have no record right now and I am a 24 year old female. I DONT want to be a nark nor do I want a felony. ANY suggestions or informational resources?

As for the search...the driver of the vehicle gave permission....What the cops said would happen is that they would take my pills and info (yes they took my id and wrote down my name and address and gave it back to me) and put it in an envelope that would sit on the officers desk for a few days, and if i dont call by then they will forward it over to the DA and it will be an automatic conviction felony and they will then issue a warrant out for my arrest. What should I do?

well it wont be a automatic conviction because in this gr8 country you are innocent until proven guilty. Get a lawyer ASAP. if you do decide to become an informant then you may face retaliation. Or you can take it to trial and hope for the best. If you become an informant let your lawyer work out the plea deal. Good luck.

Try and become a better troll, dude.

That isn't how most women would start that type of thread, dude.

Go back to Troll University and ask for your tuition money to be refunded!

Dude, that was lame!

Nice try, but the smart fish ain't bitin' today!

???

Try and become a better troll, dude.

That isn't how most women would start that type of thread, dude.

Go back to Troll University and ask for your tuition money to be refunded!

Dude, that was lame!

Nice try, but the smart fish ain't bitin' today!

What the F are you talking about? I have a serious issue here and if you dont have anything to help me then dont reply to my post. thanks TROLL!! (whatever the frek that means) you really have nothing better to do then to call me a liar? sounds like your lame. please leave me and my post alone unless u have some legit advice.

Safer to be a felon than a snitch!

Meanamean:

Absolutely and positively, NO! And contrary to what you have been made to believe by the police officers, not only do you not have to even consider their coercive and downright illegal proposition, you don't even have to take another call from those officers and there is NOTHING, and I mean nothing that they can do to you and you are in the clear as far any future prosecution is concerned. And here is why.

First and foremost, you were not arrested for the pills in your purse and were cut loose after the search and whatnot, and once that happens, you cannot be arrested at some arbitrary future date by the police officers and be charged with a felony for an offense involving the unlawful possession of a controlled substance that occurred in the past. The only way for you to be arrested and prosecuted for possession is if you are caught with them on your person [anew] somewhere down the line and not because the officers changed their mind or the "pills are sitting on his desk" waiting your call-back.

That aside, their threat of prosecution in lieu of you becoming a confidential informant is nothing short of a fishing expedition and in your [particular] scenario and in scenarios similar to yours, it constitutes unequivocally an illegal and a criminal act in and of itself.

Of course, such offers are routinely made by police and the D.A.'s office and are routinely accepted. But those are circumstances in which the defendant has been arrested for a serious parole or probation violation and is facing the prospect of serving the entire and actual prison term which his offense carries and which was suspended by the court pending the successful completion of parole or probation. The defendant is then given a choice to make: either go to prison for a few years or become a confidential informant and remain free.

Here, there really is a good reason for the offer to be made and even a better reason for the defendant to consider the offer and decide on it. But you were not remotely facing anything so drastic as a prison term even if you had been arrested and convicted of a felony possession of a controlled substance which would have been the worst case scenario. But such charges are called "wobblers" which taken together with your lack of a criminal record, would have earned you a reduced charge of a misdemeanor possession and a three-year summary probation.

The officers were out of line to threaten you like they did, but it still remains that you are free to ignore the proposition without any fear of arrest and prosecution for what took place when you were pulled over and don't be timid about telling them to take a hike if they persist and may even table your own threat in kind. And that would be making a formal citizen's complaint and that would mean the automatic entrance of Internal Affairs into the fray to investigate the officers.

Well, needless to say that the decision is yours and only yours to make, but let me leave you with this sobering thought. There are three things to avoid being known for when and if going to jail or prison for or any length of time: rape; child molestation, and for being a snitch!

fredrikklaw

Last edited:

You should consult with an attorney prior to speaking to the officers again.

Understand that you CAN still be charged. And, if the officers are running true to form, if you do not work with them you almost certainly WILL be charged. It is not an "automatic" conviction, but it probably will not be a difficult one to make unless there are some search issues present that you did not articulate.

So, speak with a local attorney pronto!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back