Copies of Time Sheets and Paystubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darice76

In 2011 I made $6270.00 less than I did in 2010 working for the same employer, working the same shifts and hours. When I asked my former employer for copies of my time sheets and pay stubs, I was met with refusal. Am I entitled to this information? I would like it so that I may figure out the discrepancy in pay, being that it is a significant amount of money. Without it, there would be no way for me to figure out how I made less in 2011 than I did in 2010.

Neither Federal nor Florida law requires that you be given copies of your pay stubs, or pay stubs at all. Since Florida scarcely requires pay, I can't imagine that they require that you be given copies of your time sheets. I'm not sure what Federal law says in that area but DAWW will know.

Per my reference, Fl. has no requirement that employees be given copies of pay stubs or time sheets. Actually, it says they have no requirement to even keep the records. As cbg noted, hold for DAWW re federal law.

In 2011 I made $6270.00 less than I did in 2010 working for the same employer, working the same shifts and hours. When I asked my former employer for copies of my time sheets and pay stubs, I was met with refusal. Am I entitled to this information? I would like it so that I may figure out the discrepancy in pay, being that it is a significant amount of money. Without it, there would be no way for me to figure out how I made less in 2011 than I did in 2010.

Here's a thought or two.

Going forward, you can make copies of your time worked by keeping your own journal, or taking a picture (if that's permitted) of your time card or time sheet.

When you do get paid, compare your numbers to your actual amount paid.

Don't depend on others to assist you, because they have no reason to care.

You did receive your w4 for income tax purposes.

You can use that to try and reconcile last year's discrepancy, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back