Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI contributing alcohol to minors

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagefire21

My name is Brad Fournier, i am 22 years old from lapeer michigan. Recently my wife and i got pulled over for speeding. about 30 minutes prior to that she had 2 alcoholic beverages and i had about 3 or 4. i felt buzzed but she was completely fine, in our opinion. The officer detected alcohol and asked her to step out of the vehicle. She passed all of the tests until it came to the bac test, which she blew a .14 she was arrested and issued a ticket for an OWI. I on the other hand was issued a ticket with possession of marijuana, contributing to minors and possession of paraphanalia. My friend was also in the car and issued an MIP. We were completely cooperative with the cops the whole time. The amount of marijuana i had estimated to be somewhere between 1 and 2 grams. we are awaiting trial for april 1, 2009. I would just like to know, realisticly, what kind of consequences my wife and i may be facing. We both have no priors, say, for some minor traffic citations. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

.14 is a high level for 2 alcoholic beverages. As you know, .08 is the legal limit. What was the number she blew at the police station?

Being "completely cooperative" with the cops isn't really the right thing to do in all circumstances. One should always refuse the field sobriety tests, in my opinion.

Plea bargaining down to impaired won't help too much, but is the most likely scenario for your wife. . . depending on what county. What county is Lapeer?

You should call criminal defense attorneys in your area, ask if they do drunk driving cases, and then do a free (make sure it's free) interview with them to see what they suggest can happen.

As far as pot goes, that depends hugelly on geography. A criminal defense attorney should know what may happen. As you know, in parts of Michigan it is a civil infraction, in parts of Michigan they go overboard, make you do weekly drug testing, etc. . ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back