Contract that has been voted on but not finished?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honesttruth

My husband has joined the carpenters union in Jan 2014. In Dec 2013, while he was in his probation period, there was a vote on a new contract agreement, but he was unable to view or vote since he was not in the union yet.

Now in July, there has still not been any employee handbook given. The rules are changing everyday, and every time my husband questions them, the union rep, claims that the new agreement is not finalized and the "new rules" are in the agreement. When my husband has requested to see the agreement terms, they denied it.

Please correct me if I am wrong, if the agreement has been voted on back in Dec 2013, and there are still changes being made now, shouldn't the union rep ask the members to vote the changes they are claiming that needs to be made now?

I find something wrong with this picture, because if the agreement was voted and approved in Dec 2013, shouldn't everyone know what the terms are or were? The employee handbook was suppose to be handed out in May, but the union rep claimed that it was misprinted, and changes had to be made.

Many of the other members of the union is too scared to mention anything so they brush it off, but I feel that something fishy is going on and if the union rep is not helping the members then who does my husband turn to?

You might want to do as the others do, stop asking questions. Unions have their own little rules and they generally avoid conflict.

If your husband follows your advice and coaxing, he'll find himself getting a lot less work. Let him run his affairs, you run yours. It's his job, and you're his wife not his mommy, madam. He seems to be doing just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back