Contempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adan

Jurisdiction
Wyoming
My divorce was finalized in May of 2015. Money was taken out of my 401k to pay joint martial debt and for my ex wife's portion of the money. In our divorce decree it states the bill money was to be given to her lawyer after my ex recieved it from my 401k account and her lawyer was suppose to pay the bills, including me for my car that I paid out of pocket. I was also suppose to recieve what was left over of the bill money since they took extra out of my account. My ex wife decided to pay the bills herself with my or my lawyers kmowlege and to take the majority of her money out of her 401k account she received from me and which put her in a higher tax bracket. Her and her lawyer didn't account for that. After months of the bills not being paid I found out her lawyer didn't have the money and she did. Which it clear states her lawyer was supposed to have the money and pay the bills. Then we had to go through everything to make sure she paid the bills correctly. Then she wouldnt give me my share and she is holding my money to pay whatever taxes she might have because he took the money out if the 401k to spend and put her in that higher tax bracket. In our decree it says we are both responsible for our own taxes. She is trying to cut a deal and give me 4 grand less to pay her taxes with my money. My lawyer says if I want to pay him another 2500 he will file for contempt and I might get some money back. I feel I'm getting screwed by all the lawyers and my ex wife. This is all being handled wrong and I'm the one paying. I just paid for the divorce I don't have 2500 to pay him and if this was handled right in the first place and the divorce decree was followed I wouldn't have to pay him. Is there anything I can do?

My divorce was finalized in May of 2015. Money was taken out of my 401k to pay joint martial debt and for my ex wife's portion of the money. In our divorce decree it states the bill money was to be given to her lawyer after my ex recieved it from my 401k account and her lawyer was suppose to pay the bills, including me for my car that I paid out of pocket. I was also suppose to recieve what was left over of the bill money since they took extra out of my account. My ex wife decided to pay the bills herself with my or my lawyers kmowlege and to take the majority of her money out of her 401k account she received from me and which put her in a higher tax bracket. Her and her lawyer didn't account for that. After months of the bills not being paid I found out her lawyer didn't have the money and she did. Which it clear states her lawyer was supposed to have the money and pay the bills. Then we had to go through everything to make sure she paid the bills correctly. Then she wouldnt give me my share and she is holding my money to pay whatever taxes she might have because he took the money out if the 401k to spend and put her in that higher tax bracket. In our decree it says we are both responsible for our own taxes. She is trying to cut a deal and give me 4 grand less to pay her taxes with my money. My lawyer says if I want to pay him another 2500 he will file for contempt and I might get some money back. I feel I'm getting screwed by all the lawyers and my ex wife. This is all being handled wrong and I'm the one paying. I just paid for the divorce I don't have 2500 to pay him and if this was handled right in the first place and the divorce decree was followed I wouldn't have to pay him. Is there anything I can do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much you can do that you don't know about.
The agreement between you and your former spouse only involves the two of you.

You can sue her for breach of your contract or deal.

Your lawyer did his part.

The issue of bills could have been addressed better, but both of you agreed to the crappy deal.

The time to balk has passed.

Good luck.

One more question, alright two if it's no inconvenience Ladies and Gentlemen.
Quoted from Statue
Georgia Code Title 19-5-3, (6), (7).
(6) Adultery in either of the parties after marriage.
(7) Willful and continued desertion by either of the parties for the term of one year.
Georgia Code Title 19-6-1, (b).

A party shall not be entitled to alimony if it is established by a preponderance of the evidence that the separation between the parties was caused by that party's adultery or desertion.
1) If said party moved in with and has been receiving support, money, care from her last or 2nd Ex husband.(I being the third) They already having a pre-marital affair with a child. "Would or could this be deemed as ALDULTERY"?
2)After the judges ordered extended 12 months temporary protective order, would the spouse living outside the marital home at the end of this allotted time be considered as ABANDONDMENT?
As "Pro Se" I just have to ask?

One more question, alright two if it's no inconvenience Ladies and Gentlemen.

Why would you tag this onto a two and a half year old thread that has absolutely nothing to do with your situation, rather than starting a new thread?

As for your questions:

1. According to section 16-6-19 of the Georgia Code, "adultery" is defined to mean sexual intercourse between a married person and a person other than the married person's spouse (you could have found this easily with a simple google search). Merely living with and receiving support from someone other than one's spouse could not possibly be adultery.

2. "Abandonment" does not occur solely by the spouses living apart. If it did, then abandonment would occur in pretty much every case in which the parties separated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back