contempt, warrant=back support

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlewis405

I was wonder has anyone ever been in my same situation? If so, what was the time frame in which everything took place to being resolved?

I filed a contempt citation on my ex in Oct 05 for not paying support he was approx $2000 behind. We went to court March 05, at that time he pleaded gulity and paid up $500. Well that still left him in arrears a lil over $1400. The judge placed him on probation for 13 months and he was ordered to pay me and extra $100 a for those 13 months, which would allow him to become current. Another court date was set for 13 months for review. This March at the review court date, 1. he didn't show 2. He is more behind than he was a year ago. Since he didn't show my attorney went ahead and asked the judge to issue a warrant, with a cash bond. The warrant is at the court house waiting to be signed. How long can I expect this to take and how long before he is picked up?

Q: How long can I expect this to take and how long before he is picked up?

A: Tell the cops where he is and then ask your questions.

Hmm considering that been taken care of. I know it would not be a priority to the police to pick a man up who has a warrant for $1500 in back support. So I was wondering if ANY WHO HAD BEEN IN THIS SITUATION knew. Not someone to tell me information I have been smart enough to handle on my own.

depends if its a bench warrant or not. I am surprised a warrant was issued over a small amount of back due support. So honestly it really all depends on how much of a priority the police think this is, and if your ex even stays in town.

I belive it is an arrest warrant not bench. It wasn't the amount that got him the warrant, necessarily, it was he was placed on probation for 13 months to pay back the support and he did not. He also didn't show. My attorney told me the same about the time frame being how the police make take it on a priority level. But my advantage is that I do have a vaild address where he lives and will be at.

I belive it is an arrest warrant not bench. It wasn't the amount that got him the warrant, necessarily, it was he was placed on probation for 13 months to pay back the support and he did not. He also didn't show. My attorney told me the same about the time frame being how the police make take it on a priority level. But my advantage is that I do have a vaild address where he lives and will be at.

Clearly state what you want to know in the form of a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back