Contempt of court

Terell

Jurisdiction
Florida
Can you be held in contempt of court if you made payments without a job but it wasn't the amount asked for?

Can you be held in contempt of court if you made payments without a job but it wasn't the amount asked for?

Why were you ordered to make payments?

Regardless, if there is a valid reason you can't make the payment, job loss is such a reason, hospitalization another; contact the clerk of court and request a temporary adjustment.

Don't ignore it by doing nothing.

USUALLY the court will work with you to get you through a temporary situation.

But, you must notify someone.

Probably not. But you'll have to make up the arrears sooner or later and the bigger the amount gets and the longer it takes the more trouble you might find yourself in with the court.

Contempt of court is the willful violation of a court order. Your post mentions no order of any sort. However, you posted on a child support board, so we probably can assume you're talking about a child support order. Let's say the order requires payment of $1,000 per month. However, instead of paying $1,000, you paid $500. Is that what you're talking about? If so, why didn't you pay the full amount ordered?

Should answer that question. ;)

Life seems to be extremely difficult for some people, doesn't it?

I'm sure you've had your share of life's beatings, I know I have.

I guess I wised up very early on to avoid constant poundings by the hurricanes of life.

It isn't hard to earthquake and hurricane proof your life.

That said, no one escapes the medical maladies that will eventually befall us all.

No one is getting outta this game alive, no matter how adroit you've become at playing it.

Back