Contempt of Court

raineyspurs

Jurisdiction
Texas
Bridgeport Texas - Wise County
My Question is it has been over 3 yrs since divorce and my Ex Husband still owes me 3 yrs worth of property taxes awarded to me in divorce ! I am told to file Contempt of Court against him but I can't afford to take him back to court ! Do I have to pay to do this or can I ask to speak or set appt up with Judge that granted the Divorce to see how I Can get what's owed to me or since its been over 3 yrs is it to late to get what he owes & will not pay me !

can I ask to speak or set appt up with Judge

That is not proper procedure and will get you nowhere.

Please read the following Texas statute specifically starting with Section 9.012 and note that you could be awarded attorney fees for your pursuit of the debt:

FAMILY CODE CHAPTER 9. POST-DECREE PROCEEDINGS

I don't know if it's too late after three years. Doesn't appear to be but you will have to make your filing and hope for the best.

I have not been able to locate any forms specific to Texas so start by engaging in a live chat with texaslawhelp.org and see if they can provide forms or other assistance:

Texas Free Legal Forms, Law, Pro Bono Help Finder, and Resources

If they can't help you, you will either have to visit a law library and research the topic, or hire an attorney.

I suggest you call around to family law attorneys and see about getting a free consultation and try to find one who will take your case based on a potential award of attorney fees.

Bridgeport Texas - Wise County
My Question is it has been over 3 yrs since divorce and my Ex Husband still owes me 3 yrs worth of property taxes awarded to me in divorce ! I am told to file Contempt of Court against him but I can't afford to take him back to court ! Do I have to pay to do this or can I ask to speak or set appt up with Judge that granted the Divorce to see how I Can get what's owed to me or since its been over 3 yrs is it to late to get what he owes & will not pay me !

A divorce decree appears to be many things.
In essence, whatever is directed in the decree affects only you and he.
If he's stiffing you for anything other than spousal support (very rare these days), or child support, you might as well forget it, unless you have deep pockets and want to legally rock his world.

Back