yemaya rich

Jurisdiction
US Federal Law
I ordered a package (a wig) from a website I'm China that uses PayPal. On their website it says that could be a 5% difference in the product you receive than what's online. The product I received is 75% different. I calculated this by taking the number of parts that make up the product (4 total parts) and 3/4 were not as advertised. Basically I recieved a whole different product. The wig is valued at about $140 per their website. I used a code and got it for $100 off, so I only paid about $40.

Their website is called REDACTED_SITE_NAME_NOT_REQUIRED, but on PayPal they are REDACTED_SITE_NAME_NOT_REQUIRED, but the FDA and American AQA Act lisence say the nameREDACTED_SITE_NAME_NOT_REQUIRED in the beginning I was just going to ask for a refund, which they offered on the condition that I send the product back and assume shipping costs.

The shipping alone is like $35, because they specify they only accept certain company's (USPS, FedEx) shipping their products. I feel that they should pay for shipping since they purposely sent me the incorrect item.

Lastly, now I feel that because of all of the different company names that I may have purchased and unauthorized unsafe product. It does have a stronger than usual chemical odor that is usually present in this type of product. I've document all of what their website says, along with my interactions with their representative.

Do I have a case for damages at this point?

I ordered a package (a wig) from a website I'm China that uses PayPal

I'm going to wait for the rest of the story, but my spidy senses are tingling.

On their website it says that could be a 5% difference in the product you receive than what's online. The product I received is 75% different.

Still tingling, starting to shake a tad.

The shipping alone is like $35, because they specify they only accept certain company's (USPS, FedEx) shipping their products. I feel that they should pay for shipping since they purposely sent me the incorrect item.

Your feelings only matter to you, not to the law.

Lastly, now I feel that because of all of the different company names that I may have purchased and unauthorized unsafe product. It does have a stronger than usual chemical odor that is usually present in this type of product. I've document all of what their website says, along with my interactions with their representative.

Of course you got scammed.

Never buy anything DIRECT from a Chinese source, because MOST of the time you will get cheated or SCAMMED.

You will sometimes get cheated if you buy the thing through a vendor in the USA.

The difference being that your legal remedies await you in CHINA, if you get screwed buying from a Chinese company operating within the boundaries of the communist dictatorship.

If you had bought the WIDGET from a FICTIONAL US vendor (I'll call it: WE SELL CHINESE JUNK),
your remedy might be easier to obtain in the USA.

Your only recourse now is to see if PayPal will help (usually they won't, but you can try), or sue the scammer in China over something worth about five bucks, but you shelled out forty bucks.

Sometimes we just have to chalk it up to the tuition owed HARD KNOCKS OF LIFE UNIVERSITY.

Know your seller before you give your seller your money.

If you used a credit card, sometimes the credit card issuer will help you.

Try that remedy first, especially if you were scammed.

In situations like this is it even really possible to figure out the real company that you bought from to even file a complaint?

You'll waste your time, get angry and frustrated, and get nowhere. You rolled the dice by ordering something from China and the dice came up craps. Be thankful it's only $40. Throw the wig in the trash and get over it.

Do I have a case for damages at this point?

Maybe, but what are you going to do about it? Sue a Chinese company over $40? Are you going to go to China to sue? How much is that going to cost you? You could try suing in the U.S., but you'd easily spend 100-times the amount you paid for the filing fee, getting the complaint translated into Chinese, and effecting service in China. Even if you got a judgment, how would you enforce it?

Back