Constructive Discharge Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montag

I know the definition of constructive discharge, but I have a question. I am a high school Language Arts teacher. For the past twelve years, I have been assigned virtually nothing but the lowest-level classes of "at-risk" students (with two exceptions - that's two out of nearly 60 classes). Conditions have become intolerable for me, BUT it's been over a long stretch of time (I am guessing there's the rub). For CD to be an issue, it looks like it has to be a "sudden," deliberate change; obviously, my issue has developed over many years, but the negative effect on me is cumulatively the same. If my read on this is correct (meaning the amount of time may negate CD), are there other areas I could consider? Obviously, details are missing, but that's the broad picture. Thank you.

If you really do understand the definition of constructive discharge, you know that there has to be an pervasive element of illegal harassment or discrimination involved. What illegal discrimination are you seeing? That would help us help you.

My understanding is that conditions have to be made so unbearable that a person basically is forced to quit. I didn't realize there had to be any illegality involved. My situation has nothing illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back