Company refusing to pay me

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorona

Hello all, I hope you can provide me with some advice:

I took a job about 3 months ago for an online company, InternetArmy INC. I filed out all the necessary paperwork, contracts, W-4, etc. so everything was legal. My salary was starting at $30,000 per year paid in Monthly Increments. The business is registered in Delaware, however, the owner lives in Arizona. My boss offered to front me $650 after my first week (equivelent to 1 week of work) so that I could quit my current job and have enough to live off of for the first month. I took this $650. After the first month, my boss kept telling me he was running late on Payroll and would have the check to me ASAP. Finally, he sent me the money for about two weeks of work via an online escrow service. The next month passed and I began having to make excuses why I needed the money so I could get it from him. Around this time he owed me almost $4000. I finally was able to get him to send me $1500 of the amount. I was happy that I got -something- from him. The next day he emailed me to tell me he "overestimated" my abilties and would be lowering my salary to $24,000 per year. Finally, I said that's it and quit. Upon termination of my employment, I sent him an email regarding the amount of $2900 that he still owed to me and received nothing back. Last night I mailed him and requested he sent me the money before July 8th or I will be escalating the situation by contacting my lawyer regarding withholding of payment.

At this point, I'm not really sure where to proceed. Do I even have a case? Is the amount enough to pursue it in the eyes of the law? What would a lawyer charge for something like this? To be honost, I don't care if I get every penny from him but as long as I am compensated with something I will be happy.

Any advice?

Steve Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back