Company Insurance Election Prior to Open Enrollment Dates(11/15/2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSBGrace1978

The company I work for is requiring employees to elect/choose 2015 insurance by November 14, 2014. From what I understand, Open Enrollment (to choose & receive detailed information from alternate insurance companies-individual & private) is not until November 15,2014.
Since my company requires me to make an election prior to open enrollment, do they have to allow me the option of cancelling by January 1,2015 if I find another policy I prefer elsewhere?
EX: I elect to sign up for 2015 insurance through my company (Nov.14,2014 deadline).
I then find another policy during open enrollment between 11/15/2014 & the end of the year & choose to sign up for it.
Does my company have to give me the option of opting out of 2015 insurance as long as I cancel by January 1,2015(start of new policy)?

In my state, which admittedly is not yours, if you are eligible for an employer plan and that employer plan pays more than about a third of the cost, you are not eligible for a plan through the state. Have you confirmed that you even have the option of enrolling with a plan through the exchange?

The company I work for is requiring employees to elect/choose 2015 insurance by November 14, 2014. From what I understand, Open Enrollment (to choose & receive detailed information from alternate insurance companies-individual & private) is not until November 15,2014.
Since my company requires me to make an election prior to open enrollment, do they have to allow me the option of cancelling by January 1,2015 if I find another policy I prefer elsewhere?
EX: I elect to sign up for 2015 insurance through my company (Nov.14,2014 deadline).
I then find another policy during open enrollment between 11/15/2014 & the end of the year & choose to sign up for it.
Does my company have to give me the option of opting out of 2015 insurance as long as I cancel by January 1,2015(start of new policy)?

Here you go, your state's DOI and all you might ever want to know about health insurance and the exchanges.

http://www.doi.sc.gov/803/Health-Insurance-Exchanges

PLUS:

For more information on the federally-facilitated exchanges, please visit the official federal website, www.healthcare.gov , or call 1 (800) 318-2596.

For more information on the tax credits for small businesses, please visit the IRS website.

You may also call 1 (800) 706-7893 to contact the federal SHOP (Monday through Friday 9am - 7pm EST).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back