company handbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogermp

i have been working for this co. for over 3 years. the day i was hired,i signed all their paperwork that i received, i did not sign the page that said i had received their co. handbook. they do not have a handbook...the problem is that myself and fellow employees are lost when it comes to their rules and regulations... which in turn leads to favortism, discrimination,and new rules being made up everyday...i have never met the person in charge of payroll and i have never met our human relations mgr, because their office is located across the street. we are not permitted across the street. would i have any legal rights to quit my job and draw unemployment,so i could find a place to work,where i am appreciated,and know exactly what is expected thanks

Just because rules and regulations are not disseminated does not give your the "right" to quit AND get unemployment benefits. Favoritism is not illegal unless it is based solely on a protected characteristic, such as your age, gender, religion, race, etc.

Many companies require that any paycheck issues be addressed through the supervisor; not unusual. Theoretically, you SHOULD be able to address the rules issue with HR, but there is no law that is going to force the employer to let you.

Sounds like you need to start looking for another job, because I'm not seeing anything illegal occurring that would give you "just cause" under the UI guidelines to get unemployment benefits if you quit.

Not saying this is the way I would handle it if I were your employer; just that, based on what you posted, nothing illegal is occuring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back