Company fobbing me off and now ignoring me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyhind

In January 2009 I paid a company £425 for two audits to be run on a credit card and a loan as they advertised that they could potentially have these cancelled due to an unfair credit agreement deeming them unenforceable. Their website and literature stated that this fee was refundable if the claim was not successful. It gave the time line of 3-6 months for an answer or potentially 12 months if events out of their control took over. I cancelled my credit card audit in June 2009 and received my fee of £175 for that one back with no qualms. The Highcourt then made a ruling pretty much ruling out any possibility of these claims working and so I made a claim for my refund. This was over 6 weeks ago now and the same for a friend has been 12 weeks. They are now saying that they are not obliged to refund me and that doing so would be a gesture of goodwill. I totally refuted this with their initial literature about refunds. They said they are waiting on refunds themselves from the solicitors who ran these audits, but I rang them and they told me they haven't dealt with this company in a long time. Now they have ignored my last two emails and their website is password protected. Could I take this to small claims successfully?

It is worth a try.

They will have to answer the court subpoena.

If not, you'll get a default judgment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back