Comcast debt created by the Ex

Status
Not open for further replies.

davesnite

Due to a divorce, I had moved out of my house back in 2004 and signed it over to the Ex . My Ex and my kids still live there. Apparently unbeknown to me, she NEVER canceled or changed the account name for the cable service. I know it was something that i SHOULD have done. During that terrible time TV usage was the last thing on my mind. I only found out about this because i started to receive calls from an annoying collection agency in re to recent cable debt of over $700 at that address. She was very delinquent and so Comcast shut her service down til it was paid. The bulk of the debt was for the all the cable equipment she was using in that house. She had sent back all the equipment and was able to use basic cable now. The problem is that there is still an outstanding balance of $175. They are constantly pestering me. I believe that she is not intending to pay it off. I have all the proof in the world to show i havent lived there since 2004. This debt is from recent times. Now what are my rights? She is the typical Ex from Hell. She does not know what the word diplomatic means.

Pay the $175 and you end this.

There are other strategies, but they take time and effort.

They also might not yield success.

Paying the $175 isn't right, but the nightmare ends.

After all, it was your inattention to details that enabled her to do this to you.

So, pay up, all this goes away; and you have your peace back. Pay it with a money order, if you decide to pay. Or, pay in cash at the cable company and get a receipt.

'Army Judge' your response of "Pay the $175 and you end this" is valid and Ive considered it prior to posting here.
If I were making $250K per year it would have done so asap. The fact is, I am a hardworking blue collar guy struggling just to get by. I pay my child support as well as everything else in life. I have had to file bankruptcy after my divorce DUE TO HER covert money mismanagement & abuse so I am at a point where i am still rebuilding my credit. To this day she discounts me and tries to manipulate me, using my kids as tools. I know what the response will be to that ,,'pay off her cable debt once again to protect myself'. If i had the money i would. What are my chances if i were to take her to small claims court?? Honestly, I don't want to but it is the principle as well as an economic issue.

If you took her to small claims, you could prevail.

But, so what?

She's broke, too!

So, all you'd get is a judgment.

Then, YOU'D have to collect the judgment.

Plus, in most jurisdictions you spend about $100 to file a small claims case.

Doesn't make financial sense to me.

But, you're free to do it.

She'll never pay it, will she?

She's financially irresponsible.

I suppose that's one of the reasons you dumped her, right?

Thanks for the reality check Army..your right. Ill have to get some money together to resolve this ..once again. Appreciate the responses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back