Class action lawsuit check??

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long will it take to receive it once the judge approves the settlements? Its been a month so far..

Those class action lawsuits are scams.
They get as many people to join their scam, so they can scam more money out of their target.
Once they get their scam from the target, you become a victim, too.

You'll be lucky to ever see any of that money.
I've never met anyone that actually got their settlement check.
I've never gotten any that I've signed up for, either.
I do it for grins now, knowing I'm adding funds to the pockets of the scammer's, crooked lawyers!

I won't go as far as Army, but I can guarantee you that when you get your check you will be disappointed. The only one that wins in a class action is the Plaintiffs' attorney.

Well, the place i worked at got sued, and they had us fill out paper work, and i was given letters saying i was compensated this much and stuff. So this could be false?

It's probably not false. If it was a small class action you probably stand a better chance of actually recovering money. I'm just saying that large class actions especially sound good but the average recovery is under $20 per person. I have seen one where everyone got a free coupon for a hamburger and the attorneys got 2.7 million dollars.

I got a lettter saying that i was gonna get 8k, and i signed all these papers, and social etc.. So you guys are saying this is possibly all fake and i will not see this money?

No, if you got a paper that said you would get 8k, it is likely true. How many people were involved in your claim?

It is far more likely that you will receive your check and that it will happen within 3-4 months.

Yes, class action participants can get their paychecks.

Remember the Fen-Phen class action suit? I can (and will, if needed) verify that on average it took about 6-9 months for the claimant to receive their check from the time the claim was actually approved.

The sums varied from the low hundreds to over $1m. Many of these checks actually remain unclaimed (probably because the victims are no longer with us :( ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back