Childs best interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

william79

My wife seperated from me in July of 2004, we have a 3-year old son. In Virgina couples with minor children must be seperated for a year before divorce proceedings can start. We have already gone through mediation and set up joint custody. Neither of us was about to sign over rights. I don't want to take my wife out of my son's life, I just know that the home life that she provides is not adequite. I would like to file for full custody w/ visitation on weekends. I am not a dead beat and I love my son more than anything in this world, I only want the best for him, and I just fear about his safety, I know she wouldn't hurt him but the men that she brings in might. She has since moved to a big city about an hour away and I have been running myself to death driving back and forth, but Ill do anything for my son. I understand that the courts choose the mother over the father unless she is unfit. I just want to be able to explain to a judge that I have the stable life, the flexible schedule, and the means to provide the best quality of life for my son. At 3 years old, he already knows so much and witnesses so much more. I cant stand the idea of someone else playing daddy to get with mommy. Im not seeking vengance only the best for my son, and I need to get this going soon before school starts for him next year. He needs to sleep in the same bed every school night and be there with someone who will help him learn, not plop him in front of the X-BOX while they entertain their boyfreinds. PLEASE any advice would be so much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

As you already know, this is an uphill battle. You should have an attorney on your side to handle this. I doubt you will be able to win this without professional legal help.

Why can the system change with the times!

Someone with money and/or power needs to give fathers like you and me the rights we diserve. "Mother" is the badge of igrorance that unfit mothers hide behind. They don't even know what the word mother means, much less what a mother should do...

I take care of my child BY MYSELF and the troubles I face in the system is ongoing. This is a long and ugly war my friend, and I pray and hope for the best. The children need more from the system!!!!

Not to

take you away from this wonderful board or the wonderful information you can get here, but I would also suggest that you look here at this site:

http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/

This is a wonderful source of information, and there you find not only general information but also information that is state specific and links to other sites that can help you if you are attempting to represent yourself because of financial constraints. Trust me you could spend HOURS reading!

Good luck...and uhmmm Manaclear, not all mothers are evil... ;)

I know All Mothers are bad! That is why I used the wording "Unfit Mothers". There is a big difference. But the system doesn't see it that way.

signing away parental rights

hi my fiance dated a girl a couple of times and had intercourse once. Then the girl moves out of town and 12 years later he gets a letter from CSED stating that this lady is filing for child support. She is going through the child support enforcement division in kentucky through the human services office. My question is if this child is his will he have to pay child support or could he sign over his parental rights and not pay child support because she waited 11 1/2 years to let him know, wait she didn't let him know we got a letter asking for child support thats how we found out. What are our options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back