Child support

Davidexcel83

Jurisdiction
Illinois
I have 5 children in total, with three different mother. One of the mother has three children, and the two other mother have a child each for me. I have been supporting all the mothers for years now, especially four of my children (the mom with three children, and the mom with one child), until about a year ago when the other mother showed up with her child who was already just over 2yrs old. I have been supporting this additional child since that time, a total of five children with three mother. None of this mother took me to court for child support because I do what I'm supposed to do. However, the mom that showed up with a child about a year ago is threatening to take me to court and to sue for back child support. My questions are these:
Can that mom collect back child support when I only knew about the child just the time she showed up with the child ?
Secondly she takes me to child support court will the State/judge consider my other four children (from two seperate mom) when calculating how much I should be giving her from my biweekly check for the child?

Yes, you could potentially owe support for prior years, and no, nobody will really care that you have other children. They will expect you to come up with the means to support all of your children. You don't get a discount for having more.

Can that mom collect back child support when I only knew about the child just the time she showed up with the child ?

Until a paternity test PROVES you to be the LEGAl FATHER, ANYTHING ANY WOMAN SAYS, except YOUR LAWFULLY WEDDED WIFE is merely an allegation.

Secondly she takes me to child support court will the State/judge consider my other four children (from two seperate mom) when calculating how much I should be giving her from my biweekly check for the child?

Child support is determined very differently in Illinois.
Hold on, mate, I'll discuss how Illinois determines who pays how much in below.

If you are the PROVEN to be the father of a child, you owe NOTHING.
If you and the woman who alleges you to be the father of HER child(ren), don't pay a dime OFF the books.
All of the money you pay without a court order in considered to be a gifts (gifts) to the woman and her child(ren).

In the future it is best to ABSTAIN from sexual intercourse of any kind, or use one of the many methods available to encase, armor protect, disease proof your little baby missile projectile shooting tiny warrior!

That said, when the test results return, you may not be the father of any of the five children.

In the future, protect yourself medically and financially from paying for 10-15 seconds of alleged pleasure.

It was never worth the 18-20 years of potential chaos and loss of MY MONEY to play sexual and financial BUM-RUSH-HIM roulette.

The State of Illinois has set child support guidelines very differently from other states, the Illinois courts must follow these rules to determine the amount of child support one parent must pay the other.

Illinois calculates basic support as a percentage of a non-custodial parent's net income, after allowing for certain deductions. The percentage increases according to the number of children, as follows:

20% for one child
28% for two children
32% for three children
40% for four children
45% for five children, and
50% for six or more children.

You COULD be on the hook for a 45% HIT against your income (allowing for certain deductions), mate.
Hold on, there's more good and bad news.

The Illinois child support formula is one of the oldest and simplest in the country. Most states have changed their formulas to consider the relative incomes of both parents, as well as the amount of time a child spends with each parent. The Illinois formula may change in the future as well. But, in the meantime, judges in Illinois can make adjustments if the guideline amount doesn't adequately address a child's best interests in light of all relevant factors, including:

the child's probable standard of living had the parents stayed together
the child's physical and emotional condition
the child's educational needs, and
the financial resources and needs of the child and both parents.

The guideline percentages are based on a traditional custody arrangement, where a non-custodial parent has visitation every other weekend and for up to several weeks during the summer. The court is likely to deviate from the guidelines if parents are exercising joint or shared physical custody, or if a non-custodial parent's visitation time goes beyond the traditional arrangement. In an appropriate case, a court may also add expenses to the guideline amount for items, such as daycare, health care, extracurricular activities, or private school tuition. And, a very high-income parent may be able to pay more than the guideline amount, while a very low-income parent may pay less.

To calculate child support in Illinois, you'll need to add up the non-custodial parent's available "net income." This includes all income, whether earned or unearned, minus any applicable deductions and adjustments listed in the guidelines. Common examples of income are wages, commissions, self-employment earnings, and investment income. Deductions include federal and state income taxes, social security tax, mandatory retirement contributions, union dues, health insurance premiums for the non-custodial parent or dependents, expenses necessary to produce income, medical expenses necessary for life or health, and any reasonable amounts already paid for the benefit of the child or the custodial parent, not including gifts. The non-custodial parent can also deduct any court-ordered alimony (spousal support) or child support previously paid.

Parents can calculate a minimum support order by completing a Child Support Obligation Form,

Home

available from The Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services Division of Child Support Services (DCSS). DCSS is the state agency responsible for helping families obtain child support payment orders, locate absent parents, establish paternity if necessary, and secure compliance with child support orders. You can find more information about DCSS services for both custodial and non-custodial parents on their website.

All is not lost.
Hang in there and make sure this goes before a judge, FIVE paternity tests are conducted by the state, and a judge will rule.

Back