Child support

T

Tellme

Jurisdiction
Alabama
Custody parent works temp. I do too I make 13.25. I have a lot of debt and high mortgage. How much do I owe

Can't seem to understand. She works temp or either has no job. I work but only make 13.25 an hour. I have 40k in debt and struggle to make ends meet. Had to withdraw all my 401k money to survive and still fall behind. How will the court handle this case

Can't seem to understand. She works temp or either has no job. I work but only make 13.25 an hour. I have 40k in debt and struggle to make ends meet. Had to withdraw all my 401k money to survive and still fall behind. How will the court handle this case

Here you go, follow the link and you can calculate ABOUT how much you'll be required to pay:
Alabama Child Support Calculator - AllLaw.com
TIP: You'll pay something if it (or they) is(are) your kid(s).
The court doesn't care about your debts.
If you don't pay, your life will get get even more difficult.

I am not sure of any daycare or health care expenses. She lives with her parents and they take care of her. She works a temp job to get some money but not sure of her earnings.

Then ask her what she pays for daycare and health care. Ask her what she makes. If she doesn't tell you than you look up the average for what her temp job pays and put that in. You look up the average cost of daycare and healthcare in your area and you put that in. Then you put in your information.

My ex didn't have a job when I filed for divorce. So my lawyer figured out what child support would be for a 40 hour minimum wage work week and that's what got approved as he never showed up for any of the hearings. So you can put in what you think she makes based on information available online if she won't tell you.

Then ask her what she pays for daycare and health care. Ask her what she makes. If she doesn't tell you than you look up the average for what her temp job pays and put that in. You look up the average cost of daycare and healthcare in your area and you put that in. Then you put in your information.

My ex didn't have a job when I filed for divorce. So my lawyer figured out what child support would be for a 40 hour minimum wage work week and that's what got approved as he never showed up for any of the hearings. So you can put in what you think she makes based on information available online if she won't tell you.
Do I have the option to not show up? I didn't know you could do that. I can fax my documents or speak via phone pertaining to it?

Do I have the option to not show up? I didn't know you could do that. I can fax my documents or speak via phone pertaining to it?

Go ahead and don't show up to custody hearings and child support hearings. Guess what happens to you? You get nothing you want.

Are you getting divorced? Or just filing custody, visitation, child support?

Here's what happened in my divorce case - my ex didn't show up for ANYTHING. No lawyer. I had a lawyer. So we put in for a default hearing. He didn't show up for that and didn't do the online parenting class. So he has NO court ordered visitation. Parenting time is at my discretion until he does it. Also he didn't get to argue child support or anything like that because his drug addicted as was more busy finding drugs.

If you want to get what you want you better show up for court. No you don't get to call or fax anything in. You better show up to court unless you want your ex to get everything she wants.

Yes you need to show up. If you don't she can say whatever she wants and you are not there to refute what she says.

You could show up and win, for any number of reasons unknown to us.

You could show up and lose, maybe you will feel as if you've been accosted, or jostled in a crowd.

If you fail to show up, you'll feel as if you were beaten by the most brutal human being on earth, while having your pockets picked by the greatest pickpocket to have ever lived.

Make sure you choose the best outcome.

Back