child support

Status
Not open for further replies.

sistaone

Non-custodial parent is paying and has been paying for child support. Non-custodial parent lives in Hawaii. The past couple months custodial parent left the state of North Dakota to move to Lousiana for a job opportunity as a professor. One child has dropped off of the child support due to turning 18 and not going to school. The second child does not turn 18 yet but has graduated from high school. both of the children are living on their own in North Dakota both working to pay their bills and rent, while mother in Lousiana collects the child support. Is this legal?

What does the CS order say about when CS ends?

it ends when child turns 18 unless the child is going to college. My question is do we have grounds to dismiss child support all together as mother (custodial parent) is not living in the same state as the children, which means she is not caring for them.

it ends when child turns 18 unless the child is going to college. My question is do we have grounds to dismiss child support all together as mother (custodial parent) is not living in the same state as the children, which means she is not caring for them.

We have no authority to say what any court will do.
We are just a bunch of nobody volunteers sharing what we know about stuff with people who are interested in knowing the stuff we claim we know.
You have the right to return to court and request the order to be terminated or modified.
Other than that, its another crap shoot.
You might want to speak with your lawyer, or try to do it yourself.
I recommend hiring a lawyer to pursue it on your behalf.

Last edited:
I have the feeling this is not Dad, but his partner. His partner can do nothing legally; only Dad can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back