child support

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky

I am a military pensioner and I found our my wife has been collecting child support for our two children which started when my first child was 20 and the second was 19. I requested a copy of the court order and got one. Its still showing child support and the amount was still being taken from my pension even though my children has been married , finished college and all. One is already 36 and the other one is 35. Im planning to file criminal charges agaisnt my wife and the lawyer who represented her.

You didn't notice that the money was coming out?

Here's the problem. Mom is not actually legally obligated to file to stop the CS - the burden is on you to modify (terminate) the order.

So which criminal law do you believe has been broken? Were you ever in arrears?

Where have you been for the past 15 years? As noted, it is not her job to stop support or keep tally on any arrears.

It is very unusual that you didn't notice the money coming out of your acct. for such a long period of time.

Ouch! File for the immediate termination. Call the child support office and inquire if they can place a stop on the child support.

As others have mentioned, you are SOL when it comes to the 15 years of overpayment. It was your responsibility to stop it.

Agree, generally a motion needs to be filed with family court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back