Child Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blonski29

I have an open child support case. Recently I checked my child support account and realized that the amount in arrears went from 20,000 dollars to 7,000 dollars and I never received the missing 13,000 dollars. I'm not sure what to do because other individuals that I have spoken with are experiencing the same issue of missing child support money. Any advice would be most appreciated. I would like to know where that money went since I don't have it. For the record I am not on any government assistance.

What happened when you called the child support office and asked the question?

If you can't find a good phone number then simply go to the office and ask or write a letter.
Odds are you would never see any of that 13k anyway. You certainly aren't out anything.

If you can't find a good phone number then simply go to the office and ask or write a letter.
Odds are you would never see any of that 13k anyway. You certainly aren't out anything.

Brilliant, prescient, potent advice.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Have any of the other individuals you have spoken to find out why they are missing child support money?

When you call the support office and get automated system is there an option to leave a message? Have you gone to their website to see if there is an email option? Are of have you been on any State or Federal program like Welfare, Medicaid, food stamps etc? If so those arrears might have gone to pay off State

Possibly however, every transaction is posted in the system and there are not any posts regarding that money..not to mention money onlys seems to be missing from cases that are over 10,000 in arears...something is not right.

Money is not missing. It would have to be paid before it could be missing.
The amount under $10k may still be pursued by the agency. The amount over $10k may have been sent to another collection agency.
Either way, it appears that the support has not been paid for a long time, and regardless of how they do their accounting you are not receiving any more or less as a result.
Just go by the office and ask about it. It is way better than talking to robots on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back