child support

Status
Not open for further replies.

diego

My jurisdiction is: california

i have a 4yr-old child with my x-gf.the child stays with my parents for 5days.the child has full coverage of my insurance, i give either money or toys on special occasions and i give money to my parents regularly for taking care of the child and allowance.i cant visit the child very often because i work 16hrs most of the time and i now have a family of my own.my x-gf is threatening me that if i can't give moral support to the child she will sue me for child support.inspite of what im doing for the child, is there a reason for me to fear of regarding child support?
i need legal opinion, pls.

who has legal custody? If mom does on paper she could ask for child support but if the child is with you or your parents for that long then you should file for custody and you can get child support from her.

she has not filed a case against me yet, there is no court order regarding custody of the child.my parents volunteered to babysit the child thats why he stays there for 5days 2 days with my ex.

she has not filed a case against me and there is no court order regarding child custody.my parents volunteered to babysit the child because the mom cant give full attention to the child ever since when we were still living in(she took care of her sis children more than our child), how much more now that she's living with another man with their baby?i pay for the child's health insurance and give some amount for the child through my parents.what will i do to stop her from threatening me about child support?

she has not filed a case against me and there is no court order regarding child custody. my parents volunteered to babysit the child because the mom cnt give full attention to the child.when we were still living in she was busy taking care of her sister's children, now that she is living with another man and their baby the more she can't attend to our child.i pay for the child's health insurance and i give some money for the child through my parents.is there a way to stop her from threatening me about child support?
thank you for any advice you can give.

Then you should file for custody. If you pay your parents to babysit then you can file for child support or for her to pay half of daycare. She can threaten all she wants but it seems like the child is with your family most so you should file for custody.

thanks

Thanks for this useful stuff. In fact, sometimes I find it quite difficult to balance my account statement.

Thanks for this useful information. In fact, I was looking for this kind of advertisers stuff. I'm a new one in this forum. Please keep updating me on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back