Child Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmuniz1114

My finace is going to court for child support in a few days. Now there are a few things I want to ask about his case. Fist, he owes about 13 thousand dollars which was built up because he was incarecerated for a few years. Do they take money off for those years, or does he still have to pay for all the years he was incarcerated. Another thing is that he is not on the child's birth certificate and never signed any papers stating that he is the father. Is he legally suppose to be paying child support? The woman wants him to sign the birth certificate for reason I think is not to favor him, but to get him. He refuses to sign it because he has always had a reasonable doubt that the child is not his. Is there a way he can ask the court for a paternity test. The kid is already 15yrs old. This is in New Jersey. What can he do and how can he go about fixing all these problems.

Your fiancee really needs to see an attorney to see if he can dispute the arrearages due to incarceration, and to see if he can legally dispute paternity. Some how he was declared the father probably by default. The child is 15 and he should have dealt with this a long time ago.

You're right, but the womans father is a cop and friends with the judge at the time. So he was never able to get fair treatment. Plus in cases like this, the woman is always right.

You're right, but the womans father is a cop and friends with the judge at the time. So he was never able to get fair treatment. Plus in cases like this, the woman is always right.

That's the wrong attitude to have. :no: If you don't stand up for your rights, you have no rights. Think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back