Child support readjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spcld2k

Can I have my child support lowered, even if my job status hasn't changed? I am working two jobs and barely making ends meet because my child support is so high.

I live in Mass, I am paying 129/wk. I have my son an almost 50% split on time, yet I am paying the max allowed by law.

Parenting Time Schedule:

Mon 4:30p - 8:00p
Wed 4:30p - Thursday 8:30a (sometimes later)
Fri 4:30p - Sunday 5p (Every other weekend)

Thank you for the help!

If your income has not changed, probably not UNLESS MA awards a parenting time discount but that might be factored in already I am not sure. Do you have your CS worksheet to see what was calculated? Aslo I would not go around telling people you have 2 jobs, the ex might be able to go after the second job too, unless that was factored in. You can talk to an attorney to see what the chances are of getting a parenting time discount.

Can I have my child support lowered, even if my job status hasn't changed? I am working two jobs and barely making ends meet because my child support is so high.

I live in Mass, I am paying 129/wk. I have my son an almost 50% split on time, yet I am paying the max allowed by law.

Parenting Time Schedule:

Mon 4:30p - 8:00p
Wed 4:30p - Thursday 8:30a (sometimes later)
Fri 4:30p - Sunday 5p (Every other weekend)

Thank you for the help!

Monday afternoon every week. Wed evening until Thursday morning, every week. Fri-Sunday every other weekend.

I'm not seeing how that's 50/50 timeshare? :confused:

I said close to a 50/50. If I had him over night on Mondays instead of taking him home it would be 50/50.

Duraine, the two jobs were already factored in to the original agreement, and my financial situation hasn't changed. I was basically asking if it can be changed due to the time spent factor.

What percentage of your income does the $129/week payment represent?

What would you like to pay?

It can't go much lower.

But, even if it went to $80/week, would the $50/week savings do much for you?

Think about it, you're paying less than $6,000 a year at present.

That can't support a child, very well.

How many years until the child turns 18?

I said close to a 50/50. If I had him over night on Mondays instead of taking him home it would be 50/50.

Duraine, the two jobs were already factored in to the original agreement, and my financial situation hasn't changed. I was basically asking if it can be changed due to the time spent factor.

There are approx 30 nights in a month.

You have him:

1 night per week x 4 weeks = 4 nights

Two nights, every other weekend = 4 nights

Please, explain how this is even close to 50/50?

You have him 8 nights per month - that means CP has him 22 nights per month, give or take :confused:

There are approx 30 nights in a month.

You have him:

1 night per week x 4 weeks = 4 nights

Two nights, every other weekend = 4 nights

Please, explain how this is even close to 50/50?

You have him 8 nights per month - that means CP has him 22 nights per month, give or take :confused:

IF I had him overnights Monday Wednesday and every other weekend, and she had him over nights Tuesday Thursday and every other weekend, how is that not 50/50?

What percentage of your income does the $129/week payment represent?

What would you like to pay?

It can't go much lower.

But, even if it went to $80/week, would the $50/week savings do much for you?

Think about it, you're paying less than $6,000 a year at present.

That can't support a child, very well.

How many years until the child turns 18?

$129/wk represents 25% of my gross income.

$50 a week is food in the house for my son and myself, so yes $50 a week would significantly help.

Out of all the people I have talked to $129/wk is the highest I've heard of someone paying, with the exception of a couple of people who make 50k+/yr.

As far as $6000 a year not supporting a child very well. It is not my responsibility to support him by myself. She has just as much responsibility to provide equal support to him. Also might I add, I pay 1/2 of uninsured medical expenses as well as, feed him when he's at my house, cloth him when he's at my house, buy toys for him when he's at my house, take him places when he's at my house. So claiming I only spend $6000/yr on him is assanine.

He is currently 4 so 14 years, but remember that support doesn't stop at 18 necessarily.

Look, you don't have a 50/50 timeshare. Period. Even if. End of story.

"close" and "nearly" are completely irrelevant.

Hire a lawyer and seek to lower your child support payments. A lawyer might want bewteen $2000-3000 to represent you (or someting close to that). Otherwise, unless you get the child support amounts reduced, you're on the hook for the next 14 years (or something close to that)!

It is apparent to me why you are paying 25% of your income to support your child. We are only trying to help answer your questions. If the answer isn't to your liking, sorry. I don't see you getting the child support reduced anytime soon, but if you did; it would only amount to between $30-50 a week. Most likely, the judge will tell you to get another job and earn more money! If he/she does, and you refuse, your problems begin to compound.

As to health care, that is what parents are supposed to do, insure their children, feed, clothe, and house them. Most people eagerly do that without a court order!

Besides, MA has state supported health care. The current occupant of the White House and one of your state senators say that is a really, really great thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back