Child support question

J

JLAC

Jurisdiction
Arizona
My boyfriend has been fighting for custody for 3 years for his daughter and was ordered to pay 600+ per mo for child support. His childs mother dropped their daughter off at her parents and basically left her in their care. All the while they were claiming she was still living there.My question is now that he has finally proven that she has been an absent parent and gained custody is it possible to get the child support returned to him? It was not being used to raise their child. She hasnt resided with their child for almost 3 years. It is stated in the order that mother deferred her parental responsibility to her parents and the grandparents unlawfully kept their child from him.

Was this addressed with the lawyer your boyfriend had for court hearings? As Adjusterjack stated above..... That is when he could have ask the judge about it.

Was this addressed with the lawyer your boyfriend had for court hearings? As Adjusterjack stated above..... That is when he could have ask the judge about it.
No attorneys were used it was all self representation. The judge said she was referring the case to a child support hearing but that isn't for a few weeks. We were just wondering if it is something that he is able to request.

No attorneys were used it was all self representation. The judge said she was referring the case to a child support hearing but that isn't for a few weeks. We were just wondering if it is something that he is able to request.

If he wants the money back, he should discuss that long, arduous, often non-productive process with a lawyer.

All government agencies are extremely resistant to returning money.

However, in this case, he'd be suing the mother of the children.

If she's not that well off, collecting the money would be daunting.

If he did so, he'd be taking food out of the mouth of his child(ren).

I'm just some dumb dude on the interwebz.

He should talk to a lawyer in his county.

If he wants the money back, he should discuss that long, arduous, often non-productive process with a lawyer.

All government agencies are extremely resistant to returning money.

However, in this case, he'd be suing the mother of the children.

If she's not that well off, collecting the money would be daunting.

If he did so, he'd be taking food out of the mouth of his child(ren).

I'm just some dumb dude on the interwebz.

He should talk to a lawyer in his county.
I see what you are saying. But in this case he has custody now so technically she isnt supporting or putting any food in their daughters mouth. She wasn't supporting their child physically or financially when she had paper custody either. She wasn't livingin the home where she left their daughter. I do appreciate all feedback.

I see what you are saying. But in this case he has custody now so technically she isnt supporting or putting any food in their daughters mouth. She wasn't supporting their child physically or financially when she had paper custody either. She wasn't livingin the home where she left their daughter. I do appreciate all feedback.

I have NOTHING more of value to offer you, except to repeat that YOU advise HIM to HIRE a lawyer.

Back