child support! please reply=))

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshon30

Hello, I have a question. If a custodial parent is receiving child support and the child is supposed to be in school and isn't if the parent doesn't report that fact, is fraud committed?The child is 18. (See other posts for the whole story) Thank you.

Why isn't the child in school? If you are still using the money for the child's welfare, that would be fine. But if the money is supposed to go for the child's schooling and you aren't paying it to the school -- then I'll leave you to think about the answer to your question first!

Thank you so much for responding. The child is my husband's first child from his first marriage. They were divorced 17 years ago, and the mother never filed for support and left my husband ,takingthe child.Over the years taunting him,(elling him he would not ever have a relationship with her. She moved from state to state, and then just before the child turned 18 she went and filed and also was awarded 25,000. in back cs. The child no longer lives at home, and we have written proof she enrolled in GED classes, and never attended. The child has written me a few e-mails complainingofnot receiving any money from her mother, and such. I faxed the e-mails along with the written proof that the child is not attending school to the child support office here in Texas handling the case.It is very sad that people are allowed to take advantage of a system to help the children. Could the mother face any reprocussion? We would like to see the current cs stop, and the 500.00 a month be placedright into the back cs. It is quite a strain for us, we have 2 young boys. Thank you so much. :confused:

You could always play the dangerous game and stop CS and compel her to take you to court. You may also want to think about a fraud action. However, you may want to petition the court with regard to the CS issue before you decide to do anything drastic. I think that wouldn't be a bad approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back