Child support paid without court order

R

Robyn

Jurisdiction
Nevada
My husband has been giving me money for child support, without a court order. It comes directly out of his paycheck, as that's how he wanted to arrange it. I live in a different state than he does also. After 3 years, the NV courts finally issued an order for support, plus retro payments. What do I do? The VT office of Child support, asked me for a list of payments, but do I need to give them that information, or would his payments be considered a gift to our child? I don't believe his paycheck deduction, and deposit into me bank account, states that it's for child support. I want to follow all laws concerning this, and need help figuring this out.
Thank You!

It's not clear which state you live in and which state he lives in.

In NV court issued the order how did VT get involved and how did NV get involved in the first place?

Were you on state benefits in either state?

It's not clear which state you live in and which state he lives in.

In NV court issued the order how did VT get involved and how did NV get involved in the first place?

Were you on state benefits in either state?
We both lived in NV. I then moved to VT with our child. The VT OCS contacted NV OCS, concerning child support filing. It's been very difficult to deal out of state, but after a few years of waiting, they finally issued an order for child support. I received state benefits for a short period of time. I am now on disability, and have been for about 2 years now.

So, are you going to be honest? Your ex did not have to pay support without a court order. But you and he arranged for him to pay child support outside the system until the system caught up. He paid; I'd suggest, in the interest of being an upright and decent human being, that you let the child support enforcement agency know that he did pay child support.

After 3 years, the NV courts finally issued an order for support, plus retro payments. What do I do? The VT office of Child support, asked me for a list of payments, but do I need to give them that information, or would his payments be considered a gift to our child? I don't believe his paycheck deduction, and deposit into me bank account, states that it's for child support. I

You simply obtain copies of each and every payment your husband gave to you.
Give those copies to your state authorities.
The state will sort it out.
Whatever you do, tell the truth.
Lying will make more trouble for you that telling the truth.
Don't worry about not paying taxes on that money.
You can fix that damage later.
What you can't fix is lying to state officials, and being uncooperative.

My husband has been giving me money for child support, without a court order. It comes directly out of his paycheck, as that's how he wanted to arrange it. I live in a different state than he does also. After 3 years, the NV courts finally issued an order for support, plus retro payments. What do I do? The VT office of Child support, asked me for a list of payments, but do I need to give them that information, or would his payments be considered a gift to our child? I don't believe his paycheck deduction, and deposit into me bank account, states that it's for child support. I want to follow all laws concerning this, and need help figuring this out.
Thank You!

No you don't.... Your wanting to put the screws to him instead. So many people (fathers/mothers) don't even pay support without a court order. Yet you had a good one that did. Now... You wish to put the screws to him don't you.... This is easy to just give them the information with telling them it was paid as child support. Bad enough that WE tax payers have to pay for your butt anyways. Then to have you attempt to screw a person willing to pay support. You should be ashamed of yourself...... Plus if your on disability your child will get 1/2 of your disability payment.

You simply obtain copies of each and every payment your husband gave to you.
Give those copies to your state authorities.
The state will sort it out.
Whatever you do, tell the truth.
Lying will make more trouble for you that telling the truth.
Don't worry about not paying taxes on that money.
You can fix that damage later.
What you can't fix is lying to state officials, and being uncooperative.
I will do that. I don't have all the statements, but I will give them all of the ones I have. I wasn't on state support for more than a few months, and I did report the money he paid to me, to the state, at that time. I appreciate your help, and I always want to do the right thing. Thank You!

So, are you going to be honest? Your ex did not have to pay support without a court order. But you and he arranged for him to pay child support outside the system until the system caught up. He paid; I'd suggest, in the interest of being an upright and decent human being, that you let the child support enforcement agency know that he did pay child support.
I already let the OCS know, I just need to gather the paperwork, and give it to them. I also agree, that honesty is always the best policy. Thank you for your reply.

No you don't.... Your wanting to put the screws to him instead. So many people (fathers/mothers) don't even pay support without a court order. Yet you had a good one that did. Now... You wish to put the screws to him don't you.... This is easy to just give them the information with telling them it was paid as child support. Bad enough that WE tax payers have to pay for your butt anyways. Then to have you attempt to screw a person willing to pay support. You should be ashamed of yourself...... Plus if your on disability your child will get 1/2 of your disability payment.
Your post is not beneficial to anyone. If you could make your point in a factual, and respectful way, that would be helpful.

Your post is not beneficial to anyone. If you could make your point in a factual, and respectful way, that would be helpful.
On June 2, 2014, you wrote that, "I will publicly declare my intent to remain calm, civil, and courteous; thereby avoiding any personal disputes."
Please try to answer questions, the way you declared that you would. ty

Thank You!

You don't get to tell people how to reply. His post wasn't wrong based on the OP.

Technically you wouldn't have had to report it. It would be considered a gift. But as you seem that you're going to be a nice person and show them what he paid, then there's no problem is there?

You don't get to tell people how to reply. His post wasn't wrong based on the OP.

Technically you wouldn't have had to report it. It would be considered a gift. But as you seem that you're going to be a nice person and show them what he paid, then there's no problem is there?
No, there is not a problem. I understand that I cannot control what people post. However, it was argumentative, and not helpful. So, in all fairness, I get to exercise my right to reply to others, and share my opinion too. BTW, I was even respectful with the comments I sent. Do you agree?

No, there is not a problem. I understand that I cannot control what people post. However, it was argumentative, and not helpful. So, in all fairness, I get to exercise my right to reply to others, and share my opinion too. BTW, I was even respectful with the comments I sent. Do you agree?

I don't really care honestly. That's the way people respond on here. You deal with it or you go elsewhere.

Back