Child Neglect

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos11

If someone is driving a vehicle with two kids ages 9 and 7 in the vehicle and the driver has a suspended license and warrant could this be considered child neglect?

ANd if the mother of the children knowling let them reide in the vehicle with the driver would she also be quilty of child neglect?

I would think that would be iffy at best. You'd have to consider what the suspension and warrants were for. If I have a speeding ticket that I failed to pay, and failed to show up in court for, I could have a warrant issued for my arrest and maybe my license suspended from one too many tickets.

Prior to the last ticket I would still have a valid license and no warrants.

If the warrant was for something major, it might be different, but honestly it might be a hard sell.

Let me ask you this - are you trying to get someone in trouble?

I would venture to say NO. The suspended license in no way endangers the children. It sounds like you are looking to use the CPS to punish your ex- for having a boyfriend. STOP IT. If your kids are pawns treat them that way. If you value them as kids learn that your ex has a boyfriend and get over it. There is nothing worse that treating your children as chess pieces to get at your ex.

If your children are in danger that is a different story. They aren't in danger from these facts and you know it. Think about what you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back