child in foster care

tinker83

Jurisdiction
Kentucky
My child was taken because I had 3 old cps cases and now there saying it's because we didn't give our daughter the right dose of her siezure medicine and I'm pregnant I wondering to do

I wondering to do

For starters, you might want to think about using some birth control. As far as the CPS situation, consult with a local attorney. A bunch of folks on the internet who have almost no information about the situation are in no position to suggest any particular course of action.

My child was taken because I had 3 old cps cases and now there saying it's because we didn't give our daughter the right dose of her siezure medicine and I'm pregnant I wondering to do

Parents are entitled to be represented by attorneys. Parents who cannot afford an attorney may request a free court-appointed attorney. The court should appoint an attorney to represent the parents if the parents cannot afford an attorney. This information is given to the parents in the court papers they receive telling them about the case and they can also ask the court to appoint an attorney at the temporary removal hearing (see below) if they cannot afford to hire one. Use this form:

http://courts.ky.gov/NR/rdonlyres/9CB57A77-D3BF-442A-8506-0BF3B302EADD/0/DNA11.pdf

Complete the form, you'll eventually obtain a court appointed lawyer and be able to be heard befor ea judge.

If you need to fix yourself, get busy today, and be prepared to prove to the court what you're doing to become a better person and/or parent.

There is something important you are leaving out.
Apparently your child must have actually had a seizure and needed medical care?
How long ago did this happen?
If it is very recent then it is likely the investigation is incomplete. Your child may be returned to you soon enough depending on what is learned.
Children are not taken from parents without good reason, and that reason is typically approved by a judge. It sounds as if you are not clear on what the reason is.

Back