child endangering

Status
Not open for further replies.

justliving2

hello my name is joshua i am 21 years of age.i was arrested in january of 2009 for a petty theft case which is resolved by a fine.but when my name was ran i am now aware i have an outstanding bench warrant in lucas county for child endangering a first degree misdemeanor,thats what the clerk of courts site says anyhow.this charge is from november 2006 and i never received a summons and i lived and had the same address for atleast four years.my girlfreind at the time (in the summer of 2006) mother invited us to live with her till things got better i had gotten a job and was coming home from work about 1030 sometimes 11 oclock,and when i would arrive she would be ready to hit the road and leave me homw with the baby which is perfectly ok with me,well she would come home at around 2:00 sometimes three or later intoxicated smoking marijuana and drinking she was 17 at the time and this became a routine for us and about three weeks into it i was at home with the baby at night and he would cry often and my partner is nowhere to be found.i would become frustrated and i pinched the child once(please remember pinched not beat up)i have grown up alot since then and i realize that what i did was very wrong and i could have handled this very differntly,the child was taken to the hospital for a routine chek up baby shots etc.a nurse noticed the bruise and called c.s.b. and a case was opend.but first i had a dna test prove i was not the father and i was told to be evaluated by a psycologist which i kept my appointment and was told i seemed to be just fine in the head,but i already knew this.and i never heard anything from any law enforcement regarding this case.i am very scared to come forward to the courts right now untill i have a full time job and am in college.i would like to know what this could possibly be dropped to,by the way the mother does not have custody of this child and sice 2006 has been arrested for prostitution and supervising prostitution solicting sex controlled substance possesion abuse animal torture cruelty and a few other frownable charges..please im begging you for some kind of advice i have a clean record and want to free myself of this embarassing crime.

This is the exact reason why infants should NEVER be left with an unrelated male, especially a boyfriend. No offense but mom had no business leaving her baby with you and this is how many young kids die and are abused, at the hand of a boyfriend who probably has no parenting experience, or bond with the baby. Sad overall. In the future next time you are left with a baby that frustrates you, call someone for help. the babys grandparents, or someone that calm the baby. Babies cry usually because they are hungry and just want to be held or maybe because you were an unfamiliar face. pinching does no good as it will just make the baby cry more and then sometimes situations like this turn tragic.

You need to see an attorney. This will not go away and it is a REALLY ugly thing to be carrying around. You need to see about turning yourself in and see if you can get this cleared up. You may be required to take a parenting course (even though you have no kids but since you injured one), anger management, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back