child custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

concerneddaddy2

hello to anyone. i have a quite unique situation here. i am a father of 2. right now the children are in my custody and have been ever since i left japan. i am a u.s. citizen and so are my children. my ex wife is japanese. we got divorced in japan, where i had no chance of custody due to the fact that i am american. she has full custody of the children due to this. she signed a paper giving me full custody of the children in the presence of a witness, only it was not a court document. i am now in the states with my children and i now want to file in a court for full custody. i have all the paperwork they have ever had since they were born. my children have social security numbers and are us citizens. i was wondering if there is anyone out there that has been through this situation or has some knowledge of it? i would like to know what the chances are of me getting full custody. what rights do i have here in the us, and what are her rights. how do i go about getting my children? if anyone can please give me some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

This is a very specialized situation. I would likely think that you need to speak to an attorney who has dealt with this before. We can refer you to one if you wish. At this point I think that you are probably most of the way there. I would think it likely that she might need to come here to deal with custody issues if you have the children and she wishes to assert her rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back